Men’s Guide to Botox
Botox® is the most popular cosmetic procedure in the U.S., as well as one of the most popular treatments at Timeless. In fact, Timeless Skin Solutions ranks in the top 1% of Botox® injectors in the country!
So, what does that mean for you? It means that we inject Botox® all day, every day, and undergo continuous training to ensure that we are the absolute best at what we do. It also means we have the answers to your most commonly asked questions about Botox®, including, “Do men get Botox®, too?”
What is #Brotox?
It is well-known that Botox® is among the most common non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed in the U.S. What you might not know, however, is that Botox® is becoming increasingly popular with male patients, particularly GenZ.
A hashtag frequently used on social media, #Brotox is a combination of ’brother’ and ’ Botox®.’ It is frequently used among men to encourage one another to take care of their appearance to invest in their self-care. And demand for Botox® among men is on the rise.
Data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows that Botox® injections are the most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedure for men, with men accounting for 6% of Botox® injections in the U.S. in 2020.
How does Botox work?
Botox® is an injectable drug made from botulinum toxin type A. This toxin is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. The injections work by stopping your muscles from receiving signals from nerves to inhibit movement, therefore eliminating wrinkles and fine lines that often form as a result of repetitive movement.
What are the benefits of Botox® for men?
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles – Since Botox® is a neurotoxin that works by blocking nerve signals in the muscles where it is injected, it only works on “dynamic” wrinkles that are caused by muscle movement. These types of wrinkles are often referred to as “expression lines,” and are commonly found on the upper face, such as the “11” between the brows, horizontal lines on the forehead, and crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Prevents new wrinkles from forming – Botox® not only reduces the appearance of existing wrinkles, but it can also help prevent new ones from forming. By relaxing the muscles in the face that cause wrinkles, Botox® can help keep the skin looking smooth and youthful.
- Gives a more youthful appearance – As men age, their skin can become loose and saggy, making them look older than they feel. Botox® can help tighten the skin and give a more youthful appearance. The fact is that many men are just as concerned about their appearance as women, and Botox® can help boost their self-confidence by making them feel more attractive and youthful.
- It’s quick and easy – With a typical appointment lasting about 20 minutes, it’s easy to fit into the day without any downtime. As with any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to remember that results may vary, and it may take a few days to see the full effects.
- A safe and effective treatment – Botox® is a safe and effective treatment that has been used for many years. When administered by a licensed and experienced professional, the risks are minimal, and the results can last up to three months.
- Botox can also help with certain medical conditions – While Botox® is commonly used for cosmetic purposes, it also can used to treat conditions that affect how the body functions, including excessive sweating, migraines, lazy eye, and eye twitching.
Our team at Timeless Skin Solutions is here to help guide you through all aspects of your skincare journey. Request a consultation to receive a customized treatment plan perfectly suited for you and for assistance in determining how you can use Botox® to achieve your skincare goals.