How To Protect Your Skin During Winter
Winter-Proof Your Skin
Cold weather and heat will dry and damage the outer barrier of your skin. The way we can prevent this is to “winter-proof” it by sealing in the moisture that those layers need to stay healthy. Here are some things you can do to keep your skin hydrated and protected.
Here’s how to get the most out of your skincare regimen.
- Layer products like you layer clothes in the winter
- Use a a daily exfoliant to slough off any dead skin cells on the surface
- Use a moisturizer to trap moisture
- When outside, be sure to use a product with silicone and/or shea butter
Here are some product suggestions
- Kinerase – Uses kinetin and zeitin to seal in moisture, has glycerin
- Anthelios with mexoryl – Has sunscreen and dimethicone, glycerin, stearic acid
- Derma Rx Rejuvenator – For red skin, uses glycosaminoglycans and glycerin for moisturizing
- Kinerase Lip Treatment – Jojoba and grape seed oil, hyaluronic acid, kinetin, oligopeptide