10 Steps to a Fabulous You This Summer
The sun is shining and the temperatures are starting to warm up, so it’s time to get ready for some summer fun! Whether you want a little extra glow for those summer days, need to update your daily regimen with some summer skincare essentials, or are looking for a little help in achieving your body contouring goals, we’ve got you covered.
As you know, what your skin needs to maintain its healthy glow changes from season to season. While it may be a struggle to keep your skin moisturized during the cold winter months, along with summer comes the challenges of preventing breakouts and minimizing sun damage. And the transition from winter to summer may have you thinking about more than just your skincare routine, so take a look at some of our favorite treatments that can help you achieve your goals.
- Keep it Simple – Wash your face every morning and every night! Our patients’ most popular choice is SkinMedica’s Facial Cleanser that removes environmental pollutants, excess oil and makeup, and hydrates and refreshes your skin. If your skin feels extra oily in the summer heat, you may need a little extra exfoliation. AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser is our choice to help improve skin texture, tone, and smoothness.
- Lighten Up – Summer heat and humidity calls for lightening up your skincare routine, particularly your moisturizer. We love SkinMedica’s HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator, and our providers can help you identify which other products you may need to maintain that dewey glow all summer long.
- Botox® Baby! – Okay, truthfully, we recommend Botox® during every season of the year! Virtually painless and it takes just about 15 minutes to do everything from eliminate the “11s”, soften crow’s feet, reduce expression lines, and give a natural-looking brow lift. Truly an all around game-changer, Botox® can also treat those vertical wrinkles on your neck, reduce acne flare-ups, help you achieve the perfect pout with the Lip Flip!
- Smooth it out – Laser hair removal lets you stop worrying about your bikini line, legs, and underarms every time you head to the pool or the chaise lounge in your backyard. No need to shave, no need to wax. While no laser hair removal is permanent, after a series of treatments, hair growth will be reduced by up to 95%
- Say it with us, SPF! – Here’s a no-brainer – wear sunscreen! Sunscreen is such a vital part of your skin care regimen all year long, every day because sun damage is the #1 cause of aging skin. Among our favorites are SkinMedica’s Total Defense & Repair and ColorScience’s Sunforgettable Total Protection Brush-On Shield. So whether you are heading out to a backyard picnic, social distancing at a pool, or taking a walk – don’t forget to lather up.
- Get Your Glow On – DiamondGlow™ is a breakthrough system that simultaneously exfoliates and extracts skin, while infusing condition-specific serums to improve the overall health of the skin. It’s the perfect no-downtime treatment that provides instant results, and can also be used to smooth the skin on your chest and back so you can wear that new strapless dress.
- Plump It Up – Facial fillers not only plump up, hydrate and fill where volume has been lost, but also encourages the body’s own natural collagen production to increase. Fillers can be used for everything from defining your chin and jawline, to enhancing your lips.
- Vanish Those Veins – Laser vein treatment can help get rid of those embarrassing dark spider veins on your legs and arms. Within a few treatments that take just 15-30 minutes each, you can get rid of those uncomfortable and unwanted veins.
- Go for the Contour – Is stubborn, unwanted fat an issue? Get yourself sculpted and ready for the season, even when exercise doesn’t seem to be doing the trick with CoolSculpting®. A simple procedure, it’s an innovative way to contour your body by freezing unwanted fat away with no surgery or downtime – and once the fat is gone, it is gone for good.
- It’s All About the Eyes – And, finally, to add a little dramatic flair to your summer look, we recommend Latisse for those lashes. Your own lashes but darker, longer, and fuller. After all, the eyes have it.