Top 5 Winter Skin Care Tips
The cold temperatures of winter can leave skin red, dry and dull. If you are experiencing any of these conditions don’t despair, we have the top 5 skin care tips for the cold winter months.
- Exfoliate. Skin can get very dry during the winter. Choose a SilkPeel, Dermaplane or Micro-Needling treatment to remove dry dead skin. Amp up your results by adding a chemical peel to your treatment!
- Rehydrate. Apply products to your face immediately after cleansing. Lightly pat your skin but don’t dry it completely. The moisture helps products go on more evenly. Add a good moisturizer to your skin care regimen if you currently are not using one. Our favorite moisturizers are Obagi Hydrate Luxe and SkinMedica’s Hydrating Complex.
- Humidify. Nearly every indoor space is heated with dry heat, which in turn dries out your skin. Use a humidifier when you can to add moisture to the air especially in your office and bedroom where you likely spend a large portions of your day.
- Sunscreen. We know the skies are gray much of the time but don’t forget to apply sunscreen even in these gloomy winter months. Sun exposure is the number one cause of aging in the skin! We suggest ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brushes or SkinMedica’s Total Defense and Repair.
- Keep it cool. We all love a hot shower in the cold winter months but keep in mind the hot water removes your natural oils and dries out skin even more. Try and keep the water temperature warm and the showers short.
Don’t forget your lips. Valentines day is just around the corner making this a perfect time to plump your lips with injectable fillers. We know what you are thinking. You don’t want to look like one of the ladies on the Bravo TV Housewives Series. Don’t worry. We take great care to create a natural, fuller lip.
As always, our medical staff is available to answer questions you have. We believe everyone deserves healthy skin at every age!