Reducing Sun Spots and Redness
If aging, acne, or too much time in the sun has left your face with dark spots or you struggle with redness from rosacea, certain skin treatments can help your skin look younger and healthier. Because laser skin treatments work by targeting discoloration, they are an obvious choice for treating conditions like dark spots and redness.
At Timeless Skin Solutions, we understand that each patient has different skincare goals, and can choose to approach those goals in different ways. We like to think of our range of treatments as the Good, Better, and Best options for targeting specific conditions, based on effectiveness, how long the results last, and the amount of downtime associated with each.
So, let’s look at the Good, Better, and Best treatments for treating brown spots and redness of the skin:
If you are not quite ready to jump into laser skin treatments just yet, a Chemical Peel paired with DiamondGlow is a good option for reducing brown spots and redness. Paired together, these treatments combine mechanical exfoliation through the DiamondGlow along with the chemical exfoliation of a Chemical Peel to brighten, smooth, and clear the skin.
- A Chemical Peel can be customized to fit your skincare goals and can smooth and brighten skin safely and effectively. Using topical solutions derived from all-natural ingredients, this tried-and-true treatment has been used for years to smooth and brighten skin.
- At Timeless, our peels are highly customizable, and our medical providers are experts at creating the appropriate solution based on skin condition, desired downtime, and results. Our patients can expect improvement after a single peel and compelling results after a series of peels. There may be minimal downtime with a Chemical Peel, as your face will feel tight and appear red – similar to a sunburn. There may be peeling for 3 to 5 days following treatment.
- DiamondGlow is often referred to as medical-grade microdermabrasion and is perfect for combating dull skin. The DiamondGlow treatment combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion of condition-specific serums to improve skin health, function, and appearance. Other than a slight redness for an hour or so after your treatment, there is no downtime with DiamondGlow and it provides instant results.
Restore your skin’s youthful glow by combining Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Genesis. IPL and Genesis are lasers that work in sync to complement the effectiveness of one another. Paired together, these treatments will stimulate the body’s natural collagen production, reduce the appearance of sunspots, fine lines, wrinkles, and redness. Patients will see improvement in the skin’s overall texture and tone creating the radiant glow you crave.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) can improve skin texture, tone, and color with no downtime using a specific wavelength of broad-spectrum light to gently and precisely treat deep under the skin’s surface. This light therapy treatment is often used for removing or reducing sun spots and damage, age spots, freckles, birthmarks, varicose veins, rosacea, and more.
- Genesis is a skin rejuvenating treatment that utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, naturally, and effectively treat a variety of skin concerns from smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles to reducing redness and scars. Genesis stimulates the natural production of collagen to restore a vibrant and healthy glow.
Pearl laser skin resurfacing treatment removes the outer layer of rough, uneven skin to reveal the layer of smooth, renewed skin underneath. In just one treatment, we can erase sun damage, reduce pore size, refine tone and texture, eliminate fine lines and increase collagen production.
- Pearl laser treatment directs short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin, precisely removing skin layer by layer. The new skin cells that form during healing give the skin a tighter, younger-looking surface. Essentially, lasers harness the power of light and heat to improve skin tone, texture, and coloration.
Something to consider when selecting the treatment best for you – you can achieve similar results with both IPL/Genesis and Pearl. Pearl requires only one treatment, but involves longer downtime, while IPL/Genesis requires multiple treatments, although less downtime. The physicians and clinicians at Timeless can help you determine the best course of treatment for your particular needs.
At Timeless Skin Solutions, our providers can help you to determine your ultimate goals and the best combination of products and treatments to help you achieve them. Our goal is to help you look natural and refreshed – you, just a little better. Contact us if you have any questions about your skincare journey today.