Why CoolSculpting is the hot choice for fat reduction
With Thanksgiving now in the rear view mirror, you may be feeling a little extra bulge buttoning your pants. (Let’s be honest, we all went up for seconds… mhmm, third helpings) You are not alone! This might be the perfect time to consider CoolSculpting.
My CoolSculpting Diary
When I entered my fifties, menopause and stress caused my midsection to take on the appearance of a tree trunk. Not the most flattering look. So of course, since Timeless offers CoolSculpting, I thought that would be the best way to rid my stomach of stubborn fat.
For those of you who may not be familiar, CoolSculpting, is the only FDA-cleared non-surgical fat reduction treatment, which uses patented technology to target and destroy the fat cells that reside directly under your skin. The best part of this treatment is once the fat is gone, it’s gone for good.
I underwent two treatments with multiple cycles, spaced 4 weeks apart. The good news is, I started to notice a reduction in the fat around my midsection within a few weeks of my second treatment. The bad news is, I took this as a license to indulge in whatever food my little heart desired and skipped my morning gym sessions.
The result: I gained weight! What was surprising however, was that even with the gain of 5 pounds, my midsection had become smaller. Shortly after my treatment, I decided it was time to get back to the gym. Once I did, the results were astounding. The weight came off quickly and I was on my way to the waistline I hadn’t seen in years!
If you are considering CoolSculpting, here are my Top 5 Tips:
1. Be selective. Choose an office that will make your experience the best it can be. Timeless offers a special chair which can be adjusted for the highest level of comfort during treatment and all treatments are performed in private rooms.
2. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.Yoga pants and a tank top worked well for me. Also nice to have a zip-up or button-up top to remove during various stages of the treatment for comfort and warmth. Please note that the gel and sharpie used during the treatment will get on your clothing.
3. Consider taking Motrin or Tylenol prior to treatment to make yourself more comfortable.
4. Bring tight fitting yoga pants (Lululemon or Spanx) to wear immediately after treatment. I found that tight fitting clothing felt more comfortable for the week following treatment.
5. Pass the time. Consider bringing a book, music or your phone to keep you busy during treatment. You will not want to move around much once the CoolSculpting hand piece is attached.
The moral of my story: CoolSculpting works! And, if you combine a healthy diet and exercise with CoolSculpting, you can and will achieve results.