Mary Beth’s Blueberry Almond Pancakes
Did you know there’s a food shown to flush out digestive toxins, reduce fine lines, and eliminate blemishes? It’s time to celebrate almonds! Almonds can do wonders for our skin. They are rich in the nourishing antioxidant vitamin E and can help curb hunger cravings when eaten as a snack.
We are always searching for the next best smoothie, healthy dessert, and even breakfast recipes that directly benefit our skin! This morning Mary Beth brought us a delicious breakfast treat of Blueberry Almond Pancakes, one of her favorite recipes. So of course we all asked her to share!
Blueberry Almond Pancakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
2 ripe bananas, smashed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups almond meal (MB loves Trader Joe’s almond meal)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tbs. cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, or walnuts), chopped (optional)
*If batter is too thick, add almond milk as needed.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed banana, eggs, and vanilla with a hand held mixer.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients and mix with a hand held mixer until well blended (do not over mix).
4. Fold in blueberries (and optional nuts) with a spoon.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with coconut oil.
6. Use 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out small pancakes onto griddle.
7. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side, watching carefully.
8. Makes 10-12 pancakes.