Join Our 5K Team
We’ve built quite a team over the years and we’re hoping you’ll join that team for the 2012 Strides for Hope 5K.
The race begins 9:30 a.m. Sept. 9 at Genoa Park in downtown Columbus.
We’ll have a tent to gather and mimosas after to celebrate!
Register online: here and be sure to indicate you’re with team Be Timeless.
You can also register the day of the race starting at 7:30 a.m. on-site.
Dr. Carol Clinton recently celebrated seven years without evidence of disease.
The event promotes ovarian cancer education and awareness. Organizers ask you help them in their effort to prevent another woman from being impacted by this disease.
Learn The Symptoms
“There is no screening method for early detection for ovarian cancer. The symptoms of the disease are vague, and are not always gynecologic. But research shows that women with ovarian cancer often report having the following symptoms:
- A swollen or bloated abdomen, increased girth. Some women notice that their pants or skirts are getting tight around the waist. The bloating is a sign that fluid, called ascites, is building up in the abdominal cavity in later stage disease
- Persistent pressure or pain in the abdomen or pelvis
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary concerns, such as urgency or frequency
- Change in bowel habits with new onset constipation and/or diarrhea
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding”
Source – Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
For more information about joining our team, go here.
For more information about the race, go here.