Don’t Neglect Your Neck
We spend a lot of time caring for our face, but sometimes forget the importance of our neck to our overall appearance. You’ve likely seen this before – someone with a smooth, wrinkle-free face, but with a neck that looks much older? Unfortunately, aging, sun exposure, and weight loss can all cause the skin on the neck to appear loose, sagging, or dull.
The biology and anatomy of the neck make this skin unique. It is thinner and more delicate, and because it contains less collagen it loses elasticity over time. These factors make the neck more susceptible to the natural aging process and environmental stressors. To compound the problem, the platysmal bands, which are the muscles that run down both sides of the neck, become more visible with age. The end result? Vertical neck lines along with neck bands and sagging, crepey skin.
Fortunately, there are a variety of treatments that can be used to improve the appearance of the neck and SkinMedica has just announced a new medical-grade product targeted at this specific area.
Neck Correct by SkinMedica
Neck Correct is a powerfully effective serum uniquely formulated to specifically prevent and address the visible signs of aging on the neck. It is clinically proven to:
- Firm + tighten the look of crepe-y skin
- Prevent + reduce the look of sagging
- Smooth deep lines + wrinkles
- Enhance skin tone evenness
This ultra-luxe balm combines SkinMedica’s signature antioxidant blend with power-house peptides, Green Microalgae, Lemon Balm, and Shitake Mushroom extract to deeply hydrate and visibly lift, firm, and smooth. Skin feels and looks more smooth, defined, and healthy…in as little as 4 weeks!
Allyson Sterling believes so strongly in this new product that she is encouraging each of her patients to use it.
Going beyond skincare products, there are a variety of treatments that can do everything from repair sun-damage to address wrinkles on the neck without surgery.
- Ultherapy® uses focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen deep within the skin, lifting and tightening skin from the inside out. This is the perfect treatment to address wrinkles, and sagging skin on the face, neck, and jowls, with initial results visible within two to three months. The results can last up to two years, without requiring surgery or any initial downtime.
- Secret RF can improve the skin’s texture, reduce scars, and smooth out lines and wrinkles in the neck by using precisely controlled radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen and natural skin renewal. Secret RF is quick with minimal discomfort, lasting only 30 minutes with little to no recovery time.
- IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is a proven and effective treatment that can help reverse the signs of sun damage lying deep within the skin. IPL is perfect for clearing up sunspots and freckles and can improve skin texture, tone, and color with no downtime.
- Chemical Peels help to unveil that spotless, flawless complexion lying just below the skin’s surface. Chemical peels can be customized to fit your skincare goals and can correct a variety of complexion-related concerns, from smoothing fine lines and wrinkles to treating acne and sun damage.
- Fillers and Botox® can help address sagging and wrinkles on your neck. Without surgery, discomfort, or downtime, fillers can provide instant gratification and improvement in the appearance of those neck wrinkles and Botox® is particularly helpful in addressing those vertical lines on the neck.
As always, the physicians and clinicians at Timeless Skin Solutions can help you determine the best skincare products and treatments to meet your needs. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your skincare needs, or visit our online skincare store to purchase the new SkinMedica Neck Correct.