Non-invasive procedures to treat lines and wrinkles
We may have earned our fine lines and wrinkles but that doesn’t mean we have to like them. And it certainly doesn’t mean we have to live with them.
Dr. Clinton offers advanced medical treatments that can diminish the folds and creases in the skin commonly known as lines and wrinkles. And how Dr. Clinton treats and prevents them depends on the cause of them.
Belotero: Another Facial Filler Available at Timeless Skin Solutions from Timeless Skin Solutions on Vimeo.
Here are some of the most common causes of lines and wrinkles:
- Genetics: Heredity can play a major role in the breakdown of collagen, the building blocks of the skin, leading to the formation of lines and wrinkles. Prevention treatments include topical and oral vitamins A, C and E, and zinc, as well as peptides and growth factors.
- Sun: When the sun’s UVA and UVB rays penetrate the dermis, they accelerate collagen deterioration and wrinkle formation. The sun also causes dilation of superficial blood vessels, pigment changes and scaly patches. To prevent sun-induced wrinkling, always use a sunblock with titanium dioxide and zinc, and a strong UVA block. We also recommend applying vitamin C cream topically and wearing both sunglasses and protective clothing.
- Repetitive Motion: Consistent tension from habitual facial expressions causes frown lines between the brows, fine lines around the eyes, and smile lines that extend from nose to mouth. To prevent excessive lines and wrinkles in these areas, avoid repetitive muscle pull actions, such as pursing the lips or frowning.
- Gravity: Young skin, because of its elasticity, can withstand normal gravitational pull. With age, however, gravity can cause droopy upper eyelids, under eye bags and jowls.
- Sleep: Habitually pressing your face into your pillow night after night while sleeping can cause vertical lines on the forehead, cheeks and chest. Try sleeping on your back to prevent them.
- Fat Loss and Redistribution: Loss or redistribution of the fat cushion in the third layer of the skin can occur mid-life and continue over the next few decades. The result is a re-draping of the skin, with furrows and creases appearing on forehead, around eyes, and on chin and neck.
Because each person has a unique set of circumstances that cause or exacerbate the formation of lines and wrinkles, Dr. Clinton will prescribe an individualized treatment plan, which may include: Botox® Cosmetic/Dysport™, Facial Fillers, Laser Genesis, IPL/Photo Facial, Photodynamic Therapy, Chemical Peel, Titan® and SilkPeel™.
Request Appointment Here>