Summer is officially here which means marks the inevitable routine of unwanted hair removal. Whether it’s shaving, tweezing or waxing or even electrolysis, we have a better solution here at Timeless! We can use lasers to target unwanted hair and permanently reduce the hair in a treated area. This incredible treatment can save you time and (eventually) money! Here’s what you need to know prior to your laser hair removal treatment:
- It is important to avoid sun exposure to the treated area for a minimum of 3 days before and after the treatment.
- Not all hair colors can be treated. Grey, red, and blonde hair cannot be effectively targeted by the laser due to lack of pigment. It can also be difficult to treat darker skin tones or ethnic skin, however, here at Timeless we do have special lasers that may be used to treat patients who have a darker skin type.
- The treated area needs to be shaved within 24 hours prior to the procedure. It is okay to shave throughout your laser hair treatment series, however, tweezing and waxing needs to be avoided for at least 1 month prior to the treatment series to ensure that the laser can target the root of the hair follicle.
- The laser treatment can be mildly painful so we recommend taking ibuprofen prior to the treatment. Many of our patients would compare this treatment to the feeling of rubber bands snapping on their skin.
- Here at Timeless you can purchase individual treatments or packages. Since many patients will require at least 5 treatments, laser hair removal packages are typically the best value.
- Most patients require one maintenance treatment per year to remove any hairs that may have been dormant during the initial series and maintain the results achieved through laser hair removal.
Dr. Clinton shares more about what to expect and how laser hair removal works:
Stop shaving, waxing, and tweezing – Request your appointment or consultation here today to find our if laser hair removal is right for you! Also check out our exclusive offers to find out how you can save at Timeless!